By Stream Realty Partners
Our Houston team recently completed extensive renovations at The Bellevue, a 119,545-square-foot office property located at 2323 S. Shepherd in the River Oaks area. The Class A office property was acquired by Stream Realty Partners in October 2011 in a joint venture partnership with DRA Advisors LLC and was supervised by Adam Jackson, managing director of the firm's Houston office division.
“The Bellevue renovation has created a unique office opportunity for tenants focused on Houston’s inner loop, an area that has seen virtually no new office development during the past 30 years,” said Stewart Lyman, vice president of Stream Realty Partners. “The renovation transformed a well-located project from a Class B building to a fully modernized Class A asset that will function like a new building.”
The extensive upgrades at The Bellevue included:
- Full remodel of the first floor to create a main lobby with Class A finishes throughout, including glass exterior walls to improve natural lighting
- Modernization of elevator systems with state-of-the-art equipment, including new cabs matching the new lobby finishes
- Renovation of tenant floors with new elevator lobbies, lighting, ceilings, paint and carpet
- Extensive renovation of all restrooms
- Upgraded landscaping including a high-end wood perimeter fence, upgraded exterior lighting, enhanced building entrance and a new covered drop off area
- Installation of a state-of-the-art energy management system, new building access controls, new backup generator and a new fire panel
Stewart Lyman provides leasing services for the property along with Philip Armes. Clif Kennedy managed construction for the project and HOK provided architectural planning and design services. Chase Crawford oversees property management, with support from Jason Mock, our senior operations manager. The building’s rebranding and marketing efforts have been led by Bonnie Casseb.
The Bellevue is currently 91-percent occupied by tenants in industries including legal, energy, architecture and wealth management such as Oaks, Hartline & Daly LLP, Waterborne Energy and House + Partners. The building is located near retail amenities inside the loop and the River Oaks, Memorial, West University and Montrose neighborhoods.
Click here for more information on available local properties.